- Band of RF Communication: 868 Mhz – Sub Giga band
- Communication Protocol: DLMS over HDLC protocol stack
- Power Source: Powered from the meter, or from external power source
- Serial Communication Port: RS-485 Complies with DLMS/COSEM direct HDLC protocol
- Data Transmission Rate: RS-485: 2400 bit/s, RF: 20–100 Kbit/s
The EM-RF-SmartG02 is a data transmission modem that works over the sub-Giga radio frequency signal . It uses the 868MHz frequency band to send or receive the data. The modem could be connected to the meter as a plug and play modem that could be connected through the RS485.