- Band of GSM Communication: Quad-band GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- Communication Protocol: TCP/IP protocol stack
- Power Source: Powered from the meter, or from external power source
- Serial Communication Port: RS-485 Complies with DLMS/COSEM direct HDLC protocol
- Data Transmission Rate: RS-485: 2400 bit/s, GPRS: 56–114 Kbit/s
The EM-GPRS-SmartG02 is a data transmission modem that works over the cellular network over the Quad-band GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900MHz. It uses the TCP/IP protocol stack to send or receive the data. The modem could be connected to the meter as a plug and play modem that could be connected through the RS485. The module has internal integrated antenna and enables an additional external antenna to be mounted outside the cabinet or meter case. A Connector for SIM card is accessible to insert or replace the SIM card.